Call for Papers – Jus & Justicia Vol. 18, Issue 1
Contemporary Security Challenges
– Full research paper submission – 30 Novembre 2023
Contemporary security challenges are of paramount importance in today’s interconnected world. They transcend borders and impact nations, communities, and individuals in multifaceted ways. From cybersecurity threats and terrorism to climate change and humanitarian crises, these issues pose significant risks to international security, human rights, and the global economy. In a world marked by complexity and uncertainty, recognizing the importance of these challenges is the first step towards developing strategies and solutions that promote peace, stability and prosperity world on a global scale.
This edition is dedicated to the academic debate on Contemporary Security Challenges in the international context. It aims to explore multifaceted threats that affect stability, prosperity, and well-being of nations and individuals across the globe.Tackling these challenges requires collective action, cooperation among nations, innovative solutions, and a commitment to upholding fundamental values. They demand attention of scholars, policymakers, international organizations, and civil society to address the multifaceted security threats facing the world. Failing to address these contemporary security challenges can lead to widespread disruptions, conflicts, and irreversible damage to our planet, making it imperative for the international community to prioritize and address them effectively.
We welcome papers that address a range of topics, including, but not limited to:
Cybersecurity Threats – State-sponsored Cyber Threats; Cyber Espionage; Cyber Warfare; Ransomware; Industrial Control Systems Attacks; Software and Hardware Security;
- Terrorism and Extremism – Transnational Terrorism; Radicalization Processes; Online Propaganda and Recruitment; Financing and Funding; Counterterrorism Operations; etc.
- Climate Change and Environmental Security – Resource Scarcity; Extreme Weather Events; Biodiversity Loss; Food and Water Insecurity; Migration and Conflict; etc.
- Humanitarian Crises and Displacement – Conflict-Induced Displacement; Natural Disaster Displacement; Refugee Crises; Humanitarian Aid and Assistance; etc.
- Global Health Pandemics – International Collaboration; Economic Impact; Social and Psychological Effects; etc.
- Geopolitical Competition and Great Power Rivalry – Strategic maneuvering; Economic Competition; Powers, Influence and Interests in various regions; etc.
- Diplomacy and International Relations- Bilateral Relations; Multilateral Diplomacy; Conflict Resolution; Trade and Economic Diplomacy; Soft Power and Cultural Diplomacy; etc.
We welcome empirical, theoretical, and comparative studies from scholars and practitioners of different disciplines, including political science, sociology, law, economics, and international relations.
For submissions, please follow the instructions in the link: https://uet.edu.al/jus-justicia/contact-us/
E – Mail: [email protected]