Developing Research and Innovation Capacities in Albania and Kosovo – DRIVE
The general objective of this project is to contribute in the development of the research and innovation capacities of HEIs in Albania and Kosovo by enhancing their institutional capabilities, staff skills and networking.
Specifically, the project intends to:
- Enhance the teachers’ capacities and their methodologies so that they effectively equip the students (graduate level and beyond) with the skills to conduct independent research.
- Enhance the mentors’ capacities to effectively guide the students in their research activity.
- Enhance the research capacities of the academic and managerial staff through study visits and tailored trainings.
- Strengthen the managerial capacities for research activities and innovation in institutional level by setting or strengthening dedicated research and innovation support structures (RISS).
- Promote research excellence and innovation by developing a network that eases the interdisciplinarity and cooperation among local and international actors.
These objectives have been designed to directly address the needs identified in the proposal, namely:
- The need to improve the HEIs capacities for research and innovation.
- The need to foster the links and cooperation among the actors in the innovation ecosystem.
Respectively the first need corresponds to the specific objectives 1-4 which consist in developing the capacities for research of the target groups within the higher education institutions, whereas the specific objective 5 corresponds to the identified need to strengthen the cooperation among the higher education institutions as such with other entities such as businesses and local and international partners.
The objectives also serve as a basis to identify the target groups that require capacity building actions. Therefore, the set of activities that contribute to capacity development such as trainings, study visits, new structures, development of guidelines, etc. are grouped into work-packages that focus respectively on the identified target groups within the institution. While in response to the second need, a network among researchers, institutions and other actors will be established at country and regional level.
Not only the careful alignment among the project objectives, target groups and project activities, but also the direct access the implementing HEIs have on their staff and the dedicated time and resources they are allocating to the project, make for a high feasibility of the project objectives.
1. POLIS University
2. European University of Tirana
3. Polytechnic University of Tirana
4. University of Prishtina “Hasan Prishtina”
5. University of Gjakova “Fehmi Agani”
6. Universum College
7. Hamburg University of Technology, Germany
8. Politecnico di Milano, Italy
9. Aalborg University, Denmark