Adela Danaj, PhD
Lecturer – Adela Danaj, PhD
Adela Danaj, PhD serves as a lecture of Politics in the European University of Tirana. She is also, the program director at the Liberal Institute of Tirana Pashko (ILP), and a senior social science researcher with a particular focus on voting behavior, EU politics, electoral politics, institutional consolidation in emerging democracies, and security, with an emphasis on the Western Balkans and Albania. Mrs. Danaj works closely with academia and civil society. She is a member of several International editorial boards where she serves as a reviewer of scientific publications. She also teaches EU politics and research and design at the European University of Tirana. Mrs. Danaj has extensive experience in project design and management. During her professional career in the project management sector, Adela served as an intervention line manager for the Swisscontact, Albania. While working with Swisscontact and as the former Head of the Career and Alumni Relations Office at the European University of Tirana, Mrs. Danaj developed strong and in-depth competence in managing and implementing strategic initiatives, knowledge building, and project-driven goals. Adela also participated in public life by acting as a national expert for the OSCE/ODIHR, Albanian Parliamentary Elections 2021. Mrs. Danaj holds a PhD in Politics and Security from Obuda University, Hungary, a master’s degree from the Central European University, Hungary, and a BA degree in Political Science from European University of Tirana.
Kriza e Demokracisë Lokale në Shqipëri– Roland Lami and Adela Danaj, UET Press, 2017
- Can Trust Be a Factor of Organisational Safety and Security? NATO Science for Peace and Security Series C: Environmental Security, 2022. Kornélia Lazányi, Adela Danaj
- Critical Threat of Critical Infrastructures: The Human Factor. NATO Science for Peace and Security Series C: Environmental Security, 2022. Kornélia Lazányi, Adela Danaj
- Explaining the Trajectories of Post-Communism Democratization. The Case of Albania- Adela Danaj and Ketrina Cabiri. -Academy of Science, Budapest. Hungary. Central and Eastern European Forum for Legal, Political and Social Theory Yearbook, Peter Lang, ISSN 2191-8317, ISBN 978-3-631-72761-4 (Print).
Peer reviewed journals
- Albanian youth’s trust towards the European Union Institutions, Adela Danaj, Kornélia Lazányi, Heidi Kasa, NORDSCI Conference 2021, Sociology and Healthcare, Book 1. https://www.nordsci.org/nordsci-library/p/the-trust-of-the-albanian-youth-towards-the-european- union-institutions.
- Perceptions and implications of immigration in France – economic, social, political and cultural perspective”- Adela Danaj, Kornélia Lazányi, Yuriy Bilan -Journal of Economics & Sociology, 2018
- Euro-scepticism and populism in Hungary: The analysis of the prime minister’s discourse”- Adela Danaj, Kornélia Lazányi, Svitlana Bilan -Journal of International Studies, 2018.
- Analysis of political discourses in Albania- Adela Danaj, Kornélia Lazányi, Roland Lami, – Czech journal of social sciences, business and economics, 2017.
- The economic determinants on the voter turnout: A quantitative Approach-Adela Danaj, Roland Lami, -POLIS 16. “UET Press” ISBN:2223-8174, 2017.
- Electoral System, Party System and Turnout (Albanian Case, Parliamentary Elections During 1991-2013). Paper published in “Next Europe: interdisciplinary perspectives on the western Balkans” ISBN 978-9928-190-39-3.
- Political Behaviour Typology of Students as First-time Voters- Adela Danaj and Roland Lami. Paper published in Advances in Social Sciences Research Journal- Vol.1, No.5. ISSN 2055-0286, 2015.
- Critical threat of critical infrastructures – the human factor- Kornélia Lazányi, Adela Danaj, SATCIP 2021 Conference, Hungary, Supported by the NATO Science for Peace and Security Programme (NATO SPS), 2021.
- Can trust be a factor of organisational safety and security? Dr. Kornélia Lazányi, Adela Danaj, PhD. International Conference on Central European Critical Infrastructure Protection, ICCECIP 2021 http://repositsc.nuczu.edu.ua/bitstream/123456789/14334/1/iccecip_2021_absztrakt_book_online_3.pdf
- The trust of the albanian youth towards the european union institutions, Adela Danaj, PhD, Prof. Dr. Kornelia Lazanyi, Heidi Kasa, NORDSCI International Conference 2021, Book1. https://www.nordsci.org/nordsci-library/s/sociology-and-healthcare
- Measuring the social capital in Albania- Adela Danaj. FIKUSZ 2019.
- The perception of trust in the post authoritarian Societies-Adela Danaj, Roland Lami. MEB 2018 http://kgk.uni- obuda.hu/sites/default/files/MEB_2018_Abstract_Booklet_w.pdf
- The Raise of Populism in Central and Eastern Europe – A Quantitative Approach – Adela Danaj and Ketrina Cabiri. Published by Obuda University, FIKUSZ 2017- ISBN 978-963-449-065-4.
- Electoral System, Party System and Turnout (Albanian Case, Parliamentary Elections During 1991-2013). Paper published in “Next Europe: interdisciplinary perspectives on the western Balkans” ISBN 978-9928-190-39-3
- Emerging Populism-a new dividing line? – Ketrina Cabiri and Adela Danaj. Published by University of Malmo, Sweden.
- What produced a “harsh” political discourse? –Local Election in Albania, 2015” – Roland Lami and Adela Danaj. Albanian Studies Days. Published by UET Press http://www.uet.edu.al/images/pdf/ASD_Brochure_updated_web_2016.pdf
- The political discourse of Edi Rama and Lulzim Basha-The local elections in Albania. 2015- Roland Lami and Adela Danaj. Albanian Studies Days. Published by UET Press. http://www.uet.edu.al/images/Lajmet/abstraktet_dssh2017.pdf