PhD Program Admission Criteria
To apply for enrollment in doctoral study programs the applicant must meet the following admission criteria:
- Have completed higher education studies in the required field and hold a Master of Science degree or a degree (4 years), or equivalent degree obtained abroad and recognized by the competent authorities;
- Have an overall average grade at the highest level of study of at least 8, calculated based on the professional subjects of the study program;
- To have proof of English language, according to the legal requirements when submitting the file to the Council of Professors.
- Commit to meeting scientific and ethical standards.
The application for enrollment in the doctoral programs is made at the Information and Documentation Department on the second floor where the Doctoral School is located.
The individual application file should contain the following documents:
- Candidate’s written request to the Board of Professors;
- Application Form;
- Personal resume with bibliography of scientific papers, which should be documented, if any;
- Notarized copies of the Master of Science or Master of Fine Arts degree, or other equivalent study diploma, accompanied by transcript of records or diploma supplement. The foreign diploma is accompanied by a certificate of recognition by Ministry of Education. It is preferred that the candidate is admitted to the program with the same or similar field of study;
- Notarized copies of the diplomas or certificates of qualifications of the third cycle or of a diploma or equivalent, together with the transcript of records or diploma supplement, if the candidate has one;
- Proof of continuation of specialization study programs, together with the transcript of records obtained up to that point, if the candidate is pursuing such program;
- Photocopy of ID card / passport;
- Two recommendations from people with academic backgrounds who know the candidate’s academic and professional skills;
- A statement that agrees to settle all financial obligations related to the cost of such studies, as determined by the institution itself;
- Proof of foreign language, according to the legislation in force;
- Certificate from the work center, if employed;
- Application fee mandate;
- Two pictures for documentation.